Monday 21 December 2009

Remix 01 Y'all!

I love the idea of 'remixing' work.. reinterpreting someone else's art.. I thought I'd have a go.. with my own work!!

Many moons ago I did an illustration of the Creature from the Black Lagoon. This piece turned out to be the catalyst in creating 'Horror Business'.. so where better place to start, than at the beginning. I must dig out the original drawings to post at some point, but for now, here is the 2009 remix. It's funny because I can remember doing the original and it taking me blinking hours for some reason.. this little fella took about 15 minutes. Now either I've gotten pretty lazy in my approach to art, or (and I like to think it's this) I've begun to refine my style to a point that I can work much more effectively in a shorter space of time...

but then I might just be talking out my ass!

No comments: