Thursday 25 November 2010

I am the master...


Kinda!

Here is Renton. He's the first character I've created for my first proper Masters project. Renton is a vampire, he also happens to be the Vocalist/Organ player in a rockabilly surf band (who I haven't named yet) alongside Stand-up Bass player Ralph (a Wolfman) a Gill-man Guitarist (who I haven't named yet) and an Invisible Drummer.

The idea is that I'll work on producing a rolling comic strip or story book that follows the band on their adventures... Who knows how that will pan out though.. I'm still really struggling to get motivated on the course, despite finally doing some artwork that I'm happy with!!

4 comments:

Jay Watson said...

Shane!!!!!!
OH MAN
OH MAN
OH MAN.........
This is the one of the coolest projects I've heard of in a long time. I absolutely love it: What a neat concept. Keep us all posted, I think you've got a winner here!
best,
r/e

Shane said...

Thanks again Rogue.

I think that if it wasn't for your support I'd probably have called it quits by now!

Glad you like the idea, I've been moving forward slowly with the character designs (and I'll post them at some point soon) but I'm struggling with where to start with regards the 'story', whether to have them already trying to start the band by auditioning drummers (I've got a storyboard done for this) or to start by somehow trying to bring them together... I know it's cheeky, but I'd appreciate your thoughts if you have a moment.

regards.

Shane

Ashly Picazo said...

Great design and ideas! I know what you mean about being motivated to actually put together all the awesome ideas you have in your head on paper. It is a problem for many of us! I hope you keep going, though, because your stuff is really great!

Shane said...

Thank you Ashly.

Although it's a pain to feel this way sometimes, it's actually nice to know I'm not on my own!

Shane