Saturday 16 April 2011

Masters... an update!

Had a favourable assessment on Monday gone, but as a result I have decided to change the book format to a 7" square (like my art books over on BLURB). I like that format and it's a relatively handy size to take on journeys (in case the book actually gets published!) and for little hands!.

One of the comments my lecturer made was regarding the central placement of 'Renton' on the 'Toothy Grin' page and the fact that most of his face would disappear down the gutter of the book. Therefore, here (pictured above) is the revised (and hopefully final) layout for the page! I was a little hesitant to change the design because I wanted maximum impact when you turn the page.. but it would be pretty stupid of me to not listen to some sound advice from someone who knows what they are talking about! Because of the change of page format I was able to fill the whole right hand page with Renton's face and there should be minimum distortion over the fold... so I'm pretty happy with it!

No comments: